Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have felt feverish, had a congested throat, blocked

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: i have felt feverish, had a congested throat, blocked nostrils and tight chest feeling and just feel sick overall, for 6 years and no doctor is able to figure it out what should i go do* should i see an ENT
JA: How severe is this?
Customer: well it;s just frustrating. bc I'm always getting sick and I'm always taking meds I've tried to use a puffer to relieve the chest congestion-doest help I've tried to use a nasal spray-doesnt help
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: uhm i was recently diagnosed with beta-thalassemia but i don't see how that affects anything my dad has it too, i think. and he's fine
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok..how shortly??

What is your age and gender?

What are the investigations done?

Do you have heartburn, change in voice, cough?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Age: 22, Gender: F.
Investigations: doctors have checked that my throat appears to be clear (however I know that my voice has changed, I cannot fluctuate my tone of voice as I was able to 6 years ago, it doesn't feel sore, but it feels blocked. I don't have any cough, but I do cough up phlegm and usually produce mucus. no heartburn. no other investigations done
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
doctor has also said that i do not have a congested chest

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.