Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been having blood in my urine for a couple weeks i…

Customer Question
I have been having...

I have been having blood in my urine for a couple weeks i went to the urologist and he scheduled me for a cystoscopy and a scan but i don't get many answers and wanted to research it myself the "blood flakes" look like it might be little animals , half inch long im done

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Exellent

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I take levothyroxine and the day before i notieced the blood, i took some sleeping pills

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/12/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 11 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have painful urination, any history of kidney stone?

67, male, not usually painful urination, once in a while it takes a while to come out, and comes out slowly. I have small bloody clots which look like small slugs, which come out once in a while. The have the consistency and look of raw liver. ( is this the bladder lining?). No history of kidney stone.
The urologist did a urine test, then ordered the CT scan and cystoscopy. Does this mean that he has ruled out UTI?

A urine test rules out a UTI in majority of incidences. Your symptoms need to be ruled out of bladder tumor, I am afraid. The causes of blood clots in urine are;

1) Kidney and bladder stones

2) Urinary Tract Obstruction

3) Urinary Tract Trauma

4) Excessive exercise

5) Urinary tract Infection

6) Sickle Cell Disease

7) Kidney and bladder tumor

Urine culture and an ultrasound are the first investigative protocol. Intravenous pyelography, CT scan, cystoscopy, etc may be followed depending on the initial investigative results.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl