DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

Do you know of a place in Pennsylvania that can help a 25

Customer Question

Do you know of a place in Pennsylvania that can help a 25 year old HFA with bipolar? Is there an inpatient treatment center?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: This is regarding my 25 year old son. He currently is an inpatient in Pasadena Psychiatric Treatment Center in Tennessee. It is out of network and we can no longer afford it. The also are not making much progress with him. He's on Effixor 300 mg., Ablifly and Adderal.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Effixor 300 mg, Abilify, and 40 mg. of Adderal.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He should be gluten free based on his bloodwork showing extreme sensitivities. He has the MTHR gene, and his DNA testing shows he will not responds well to any SSRI or antipsychotics
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 month ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 month ago.

You did not specify where in PA.

However, there are few inpatient treatment centers.

Please see this link:

https://treatment.psychologytoday.com/rms/prof_detail.php?profid=282961&ref=2&sid=1505172180.0256_23149&state=PA&spec=168&tr=ResultsName

Let me know if you have further questions.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed