Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Medical Physician
98629655

Babysitter said my 28lb 2 year old got into the dramamine -

Babysitter said my 28lb 2 year old got into the dramamine - she isn't sure if he ate any. There are 2 adult tablets missing (50 mg each, totaling 100 mg). What do we need to watch out for?
JA: How have your child's checkups gone? Is your child progressing steadily in height and weight?
Customer: Fine
JA: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He was born with a broken clavicle - but that was over 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

my advice would be to call the Poison Control Center at(###) ###-####

it is a nationwide hotline that will connect you to the closest local Poison Control Center that is staffed by medical experts in Toxicology and Emergency Medicine. They will have the best advice for what to watch for and if or when to take your child to the Emergency Room for evaluation.

It is a toll-free number

Again, the number to call is the Poison Control Center at(###) ###-####/strong>. They will have the best information for you

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.

I just wanted to follow up and make sure that you were able to contact Poison Control.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** already checked with Poison Control and wanted a second opinion. They found 1 of the pills, it's been over and hour and he's clearly not drowsy. I appreciate your fast response!

glad to hear you contacted them first. They are the experts for any type of ingestion in children. We actually use them in the urgent care and emergency department as well.

Hi, just wanted to check back and make sure your child did ok.