Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I took two amoxycillin pills (first dose) about 3 hours ago.

Customer Question
Hi. I took two...

Hi. I took two amoxycillin pills (first dose) about 3 hours ago. I have had this antibiotic a number of times in my life with no reaction. However, I now have itching in my hands and forearms. There is no visible rash, and so far it doesn't seem to be spreading, but it is annoying. Is there anything I can do to alleviate this?

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Not allergic to anything I'm aware of. I take a multivitamin and an herbal thing of L-argenine.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/11/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 11 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Sometimes one can develop an allergy to amoxicillin only after taking it several times in the past

So long as there's no wheezing or swallowing problems, you can take either benadryl or Claritin for this and you can also apply topical Caladryl lotion

Please let me know if you need any more information