Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Absolute monocytes 1.0 and monocytes 14% Yes! To all. Just…

Customer Question
Absolute monocytes 1.0 and...

Absolute monocytes 1.0 and monocytes 14%

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Yes! To all.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Just had mammogram and was normal. Lymph nodes swollen but ultrasound of lymph nodes showed no cancer.

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Mammogram also negative

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

that is good the mammogram is normal.

there are many different types of white blood cells: neutrophils, macrophages, monocytes, lymphocytes, basophils, eosinophils, etc.

your bone marrows makes each as needed to help your immune system keep you healthy.

those levels of monocytes don't point to disease process or breast cancer

let me know if you have questions.

Swollen lymph nodes, weight loss, skin rashes and fatigue. Also .7 Absolute EOS and 10%EOS
MCV 98
Ideas?? :-(
Can't talk here
I turn 50 this year
Are you still ther??
Is anyone still there??
Is someone still helping me? Please let me know
Doctor: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello. This is Dr. Love. I am not sure what happened to the other expert, but he may have needed to respond to an urgent problem away from the computer.

The most common cause of fatigue, rash, swollen lymph nodes, and a mild increase in monocytes is from a viral infection. There are many different viruses, particularly if the symptoms have been of short duration, and these symptoms and labs do not point to a specific virus. If these symptoms have been going on for a while, it would be most worrisome for mono or a mono-like illness.

An increase in eosinophils is most often related to allergies, although it can also be due to infections.

The findings on exam would also guide whether there is any evidence of infection. For most viral infections, there is no specific treatment, as antibiotics are not effective against most viral infections. If there is any evidence on exam of a bacterial infection, then your doctor would prescribe antibiotics.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know. Once your questions are answered, please provide a positive rating so that I am credited for assisting you.