Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I'm 58, female and I'm having trouble reading and speaking…

Customer Question
I'm 58 , female...

I'm 58 , female and I'm having trouble reading and speaking the words that I want to say. For example, my brain is saying adaptation and adoption comes out. I'm spending time worrying that there is something not right going on in a language center in my brain.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No, I just retired for teaching because students in my class would laugh and tell me what they heard instead of what I thought I said.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Medications are antidepressant, thyroid,

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Allergic to sulfur drugs... daily..escotalopram,buPropion,celecoxiB,levothyroxine

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/11/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are going through this

do you have bad anxiety symptoms

bad anxiety symptoms can cause brain fog and cause some excessive worry and some confusion of saying words

and then bad anxiety symptoms can make you worried

most likely nothing is going on in your brain to cause these speaking problems

except for bad anxiety symptoms

what dose of escotalopram are you on?

have you talked to your doctor about these worries you have?