Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have been on Fluconazole 150 mg for 6 days for fungal

I have been on...

I have been on Fluconazole 150 mg for 6 days for fungal prostatitis. Relief is sporadic. Kicks in every other day for some reason. Should I increase to 200 mg or stay on 150 mg until my 2 week supply runs out?

Doctor's Assistant: Any pain or burning sensation while urinating? What color is your urine?

No pain or burning while urinating. Urine color seems

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?

Not while urinating, but the burning in prostate, sides of

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Testicles and perineum started a month ago. Have Candida Overgrowth and this is the latest migration. Don't understand why it fluconazole works then fails, then works, then fails

9/11/2017
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

You should stay on 150 mg as prescribed and take it for 2 weeks for a complete cure and for avoiding relapse of the infection. It will take around 10 to 14 days for you to feel a continuous relief and your present response of working and then failing is typical in the first few days. So, you should take this medication for at least 2 weeks and if you can get a supply of the medication for 2 weeks at 200 mg dose then you can take 200 mg.

Take care.

Did I answer your question? Please reply.

Thank you.

Thank you. ***** understand you right, I should stick it out on 150 mg for the duration of the 2 week period. Should I have the strength increased to 200 mg right now on my 6th day?

Dear customer,

You are welcome!

You may increase the dose to 200 mg if you can get the prescription for 2 weeks. This will be more effective even on the 6th day.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor