Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter is 4 years old. 10 days ago she became terribly…

Customer Question
My daughter is 4...

My daughter is 4 years old. 10 days ago she became terribly constipated and after 3 trips to Kaiser, she finally went poopie. And she is going regularly since. But, she has a pain in her left side that just won't go away. What is going on??

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

The pain started 10 days ago, when she was first constipated and it seems to be very consistent, not up and down.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/11/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry your daughter is so constipated.

it sounds like she could still have large hard stool in her left colon

she may need to continue to use stool softeners and laxatives to help decrease pain

she can eat prunes and she may have to use some miralax or ducolax to help her go

she has to drink a lot of water to help as well