Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a rather embarrassing thing to ask about. I've

Customer Question
Hi. I have...

Hi. I have a rather embarrassing thing to ask about. I've noticed for the past few days (4-5?) when I have a bowel movement and I'm cleaning myself, there seems to be a small, hard bump/lump thing just above my anus. Is that something I should be concerned about?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?

It feels kinda hard. Maybe medium. I've had hemorrhoides before. It feels harder than that. Not hard like a rock.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

It's about the size of a pea. I'm diabetic.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 11 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Is this located very near the anal verge?

Sorry for the delay

This sounds like a thrombosed hemorrhoid

Nothing too serious

For now you can use over the counter 1% hydrocortisone cream twice a day for a week to shrink it

Please let me know if you need any more information