Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

The top of my feet are killing me! I heard that Nabumetone…

Customer Question
The top of my...

The top of my feet are killing me! I heard that Nabumetone could help me.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

HTZ for high blood pressure. I'm 80 years old.

Doctor's Assistant: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?

Yes. I see my MD 2 x year but I haven't mentioned my feet. Might need to see an orthopedic MD since it seems to be the bones in my upper feet.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Otherwise, I'm really healthy! I now wear New Balance shoes and they really help...but there are times when I want to wear somehing dressy...!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/11/2017
Doctor: Dr. Scott, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

What makes it worse?

What makes it better?

Describe the pain - is it burning? a bee sting sensation? or sharp shooting?

The pain comes from the bones on top of my feet. When I walk they are very painful, but if I wear my New Balance shoes the pain is gone. My friend in her 70's had a similar pain, her orthodedic doctor prescribed 750 mg of Nabumetone and the pain is gone.

This is a very good medication.

Unfortunately, we can not prescribe medications over the internet.

Nabumetone is a nonacidic NSAID so it has fewer side effects and long term negative effects when compared to other NSAIDS such as ibuprofen.

You should have your kidney and liver function tested prior to starting this medication.