Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had a fall while out walking on a tarred road and skinned…

Customer Question
I had a fall...

I had a fall while out walking on a tarred road and skinned knees and elbows and hands mainly and everything has healed pretty well but one elbow which still is sensitive when touched/bumped and this is two weeks later. My husband has put on bandages for me since it is awkwardly placed. When I changed the bandage four days ago I asked my husband if he thought it might be infected since it appeared whitish in the middle and he thought it looked like it is healing nicely. I just changed again today and he still thinks it looks good but I am more certain it is not. He is an engineer so I don't value his medical knowledge. I am wondering what you think and if it is infected is there something I can do to treat it?

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

I think the light colored area in the middle seems slightly puffy but that is all.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am diabetic

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/11/2017
Doctor: Dr.Anil, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

I understand your concern.

If the lesion is painful,red and has discharge or any history of fever it can be infected.If the lesion is dry and not much pain it may not be infected.

You can clean the lesion with betadine liquid and diluted Savlon.

Usually a tetanus shot should also be given in such cases if not already given in last 5 years.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s request to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.