Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I have bllod in my urine and seaman - may happen for a few

Customer Question

Hi i have bllod in my urine and seaman - may happen for a few days then go away and return
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: i have had high blood pressure but been going to the gym and eating healthy etc so not to bad
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i have cancer on one side and high blood pressure on other
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.
Welcome to Ja and thanks for this question. I'm sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually blood in the urine and seen can be due to a number of conditions. First off given that you are exercising a lot then that can be a cause of intermittent bleeding in the urine and the semen.usually this is harmless and starts to settle down within a few days.
The other major cause for bleeding of this sort could be an infection in the urinary tract or the prostate. This can cause bleeding as well as other symptoms like burning, frequency, dark colored urine as well as abdominal pain. This would be diagnosed on a urine analysis and also a urine culture. The treatment would be antibiotics.
Yet another cause could be associated with enlargement if the prostate which can lead to bleeding of this sort. A prostate examination and also a prostate ultrasound would be diagnostic. This would be treated with medications like Flomax and also with surgery in severe cases.
Yes prostate cancer can be a cause but that is less likely as in 90% of cases it is a benign cause.
Do you have anymore questions?
Please remember to leave a positive rating as that is how we are compensated for helping you today

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating