Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I have gained 10 pounds overnight. My stomach is extremely

Customer Question

I have gained 10 pounds overnight. My stomach is extremely swollen, but I do not have diarrhea or constipation or gas of any sort. I am very uncomfortable, but no real pain. I have tried antacids, benedryl, nothing is working. What should I do?
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: No injuries. I had my gall bladder removed 12 years ago. It started 3 days ago.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have hashimotos thyroid issue. My thyroid has been removed.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

When did you pass last motion?

Do you have tenderness on abdomen?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had 2 bowels movements today, they seemed normal. Yes it is huge and tender.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not pregnant.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Your symptoms are suggestive of subacute intestinal obstruction (secondary to adhesions or scarring). The other possibility of the diagnosis is inflammation of the intestine which can be secondary to diverticulitis. Volvulus or abnormal rotation of the gut/intestine also is a possibility.

You need an ultrasound and x-ray of the abdomen.

You should go to an urgent care of emergency room for the evaluation as symptoms can aggravate anytime.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, thank you

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/