Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I fell two months ago and bruised my shin. There is a lump…

Customer Question
I fell two months...

I fell two months ago and bruised my shin. There is a lump where the bruise was that I still can't feel totally. They did an xray and ultrasound to make sure no blood clots. it now has a huge red circular rash around it and itches. The rash is now spreading. Don't have insurance to go back to DR.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

Had it since beginning of August. Randomly itches. Nothing helps so far.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Some autoimmune disorders but nothing major that I know of.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

can you upload a clear photo of this bruise and red circle around it

often times bruises will evolve like this as it is resolving.

icing the area with a bag of ice can help decrease some swelling

the lump is most likely blood under the skin which can take weeks to months to slowly get better.

I am a 46 year old female. The bruise is no longer there, just the hard lump and the red rash. I will upload a picture.

do you see the "add file" link?