Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

Phil! It's. First let me tell you I'm finally getting the

Hey Dr. Phil! It's Roy. First let me tell you I'm finally getting the MRI of my right hand and up to my elbow. I just hope that it hasn't been too long since my injury for something to be done too help with my fingers. They have not gotten any better and are still sticking together. I'm doing everything I can too keep the range of motion and strength up.
The doctor thinks there may be a tendon that's tore loose or become unattached somehow causing my problem. If that is the problem, what could be done to help it and would waiting so long to fix it be a factor?
Thanks.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Hi Roy. How are you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am okay. Stress and anxiety a bit high but that always comes when moving into a new home. How are you?

I'm good!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's been months and I am just now getting that MRI for my hand problem. I don't know if you remember the saga of Sticky Fingers Roy. Should I refresh your memory? Like I said it's been awhile.

I remember

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
First, let me tell you, I am a gigantic mess. I have many problems. You can probably tell by my previous ramblings. Barells of stress, a mountain of anxiety, and a gigantic pit of depression seem to be buddies of mine. I'm trying to work around them. But, they're probably riding piggyback.
I think I told you before about my career as Brittle Type 1 IDJDM. Being very brittle multiplies the crappy parts. I learned recently that the SAD could be the culprit.
I don't want to go into all my other things. I just, like always, need to explain why I'm so slow. That's funny. The need feeds the lack of speed! Sam I am, indeed!
And now, hocus pocus... a little focus!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All things aside, hats off, hearts covered and heads bowed for the victims, survivor's, and families of 9/11.

Agree Roy.

A sad day to remember

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm scheduled for an MRI this Saturday afternoon. If it shows a disconnected ten***** *****ke the doctor says there might be, would having waited so long since the injury be a factor in the possibility of help with surgery?

No you should still be able to have surgery

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Dr. Phil. I'll let you know what happens after the MRI Saturday. I might have some questions before also.
I just thought of one.
Last time having the MRI on my hand, I was told it would only take about 1/2 an hour. It ended up taking over 2 hours. My arm was so sore, I barely held on to finish. I was screaming up until the last 20 minutes when I basically clasped. They had me half way laying down on my stomach with my arm in front of me in a support thing and a bunch of crap on top to keep me from moving my arm. What can I do to position myself so I don't end up in so much pain? Is there some way I should be sittting or standing?

ask them if they can adjust the position

Thanks for this question.

I strive for 5 star service for all customers.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)