Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I am 65 years old and on blood thinners for an irregular

Customer Question

I am 65 years old and on blood thinners for an irregular heartbeat I just tripped over my sister's yellow lab in the kitchen, fell, and hit the back of my head. I now have a very large knot and wonder if I may have a concussion and if there is a reason I should go to the ER. We are in path of Irma, scheduled to hit Tallahassee in the morning.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: It just happened 10 minutes ago. The bump hurts but I don't know what to do to make it feel better. No headache or anything
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: treated for Hep C 23+ years ago and test negative. Had a tramatic head injury 25 years ago and surgery for a broken jaw. No issues with headaches or anything since thenb.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 1 month ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

I need to go through a check list please--

No headache whatsoever?

No vision or balance problems?

No neck pain?