How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vakul Aren Your Own Question
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4155
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Vakul Aren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Second opinion] I noticed these red areas on the head of my

Customer Question

Second opinion] I noticed these red areas on the head of my penis about a week ago. When I noticed, it was 1 red little area. Now when I looked today, it was the 2nd red area about 3 centimeters away from the other one.
It doesn't hurt, burn, itch or anything at all -- I just visually noticed it and got a little concerned. I am in a longterm, monogamous relationship and we practice safe sex. Even so, I haven't had sex with her in about 8 weeks. Does this look like anything I should be concerned with?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
photo 1
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
photo 2
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
photo 3
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 1 month ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.The commonest cause of such spots would be Balanitis,fungal infection and herpes.Allergies like reaction to perfumed soaps can also cause this.Avoid perfumed cosmetics,discuss this with your PCP and rule out any fungal or herpetic infection.Allergy to condom lubricants can also cause this.Use of antifungal creams ad mild steroid creams may cure this.