Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My nose is uncomfortably itchy, runny, and I'm sneezing

My nose is uncomfortably itchy, runny, and I'm sneezing despite a fairly low pollen count. I don't think/feel like I have a cold!
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: I took Claritin and Flonase without help. Can't find anything to help. I'm going to take Benadryl but not until closer to bed
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have had environmental allergies in the past, but it's not been this bad since childhood

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Is what's coming out of your nose clear?

How long has this been going on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Clear....two days, but today is really uncomfortable
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Took Claritin and Flonase with no help. I don't feel like I do with a cold...definitely allergies.

OK

Sounds like you might need a prescription for Singulair

But for now I suggest adding Zantac

I know--it's usually for acid reflux but it's an H2 blocker and that works differently from antihistamines like benadryl and claritin which are H1 histamine blockers

Please let me know if you need any more information Kathy

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, I have Zantac. I'll give it a try

My pleasure to help you Kathy

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you