Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a few symptoms i would like to get advice on, i have

Customer Question
hi - i have a...
hi - i have a few symptoms i would like to get advice on
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: i have score glands in my throat on one side and a very sensitive area on my scalp for over a week now.
JA: How severe is this?
Customer: i have just finished a course of anti biotics for an unidentified infection but all points towards epididyme
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i had salmonella 2 months ago took anti biotics for this and then got symptoms for épididyme despite all tests of any sti négative
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Medical
I went to Vietnam and must have got Salmonella on the last day as when i returned home my stomach was casing pain and i made a stool sample confirming it was salmonella. i took my ledication and all is fine now. a week after recovering from this my testicle became 22c and meant to be 12cc in size so nearly double. i was in alto of pain. i got a scan to ensure it wasnt cancer, took a urine test and all showed nothing apart from the scan indicating an infection. i took anti biotics for this but missed my last 4 tablais of ofloxcine therefore started another 2 weeks of ofloxcine eg which i have just finished. the pain and swelling has gone however i do still feel a little discomfort. now the left side of my throat hurts, mainly the glands and when i swollow. each time it hurts an area on the back left of my head also hurts a little. like burning or someone pulls my haïr a little. any advice would be gréât - thank you.
9/10/2017
Doctor: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 3 months ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you.

Sounds like you are having an allergic reaction. May I suggest you try an over the counter antihistamine for your throat and also over the counter Advil or Aleve for the testicular discomfort. The NSAID will also help with your throat pain. It sounds like the Salmonella has resolved, but continue and finish the prescribed antibiotic.

Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have.

I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Thanks for the advice. Yes I believe the salmonella is gone but the testicular pain is suspected epidymitis (if that's how you spell it) . Would you think this allergic reaction is an allergy from taking anti biotics? I've finished my course since 2 days.

Yes, it most likely is an allergic reaction, try Zyrtec or Claritin and resolve the testicular pain with Aleve or Advil. The Epididymitis pain will take a few weeks to resolve.

Dr Stan
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor