Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I started losing my hair in December. In July I started

Customer Question
I started losing my...

I started losing my hair in December. In July I started running over 103 degree fever, the first of now 5 times, including today. I usually wake up during the night or I wake up in the morning with it. By the afternoon I'mok

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?

I woke up this morning about 8:30 with it. Now it is gone. Respiratory symptoms, I feel like I'm drowning sometimes at night It wakes me up.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I'm usually pretty healthy I'm 55 years old

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/10/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

do you have a fever now?

how old are you?have you had your thyroid hormone levels checked?

abnormal thyroid hormone levels can cause hair loss and can make you feel hot.

are you female or male?

I am female, 55 years old. Have not had thyroid checked. My family doctor said not to worry about the fever. He has not run any tests or bloodwork. I am worried about the fever.
Why the fever?

many woman at your age can have hot flashes and feeling very hot and feverish from declines of your body's estrogen levels.

there are medications which can help with these hot flashes and fevers.