Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
96392890

I have been experiencing itchiness when i go to bed in my

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i have been experiencing itchiness when i go to bed in my sheets and sometimes in clothes that have been in my room and wouldnt know why that happens i do also have some small bites on my feet nut i have checked and it doesnt seem to be bed bugs
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: non of them just a small rash on my right foot and thats it, the itchiness seems to only happen when i am in bed or in my room
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no i dont believe so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

It could either be due to allergies, or urticaria, or due to bed bugs.

Do you have pictures of these bites?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i do not have any allergies or bed bugs i checked the mattress
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

The fact that it only happens when you are in a particular environment makes it highly suspect that it is in fact an allergy. Usually when this happens I advise changing sheets and if it's severe to start on either benadryl or zyrtec.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

There are conditions of night time itching associated with anxiety and stress but that happens usually right before falling asleep and throughout the whole night so I don't think it's that.

Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

If you don't have further questions, please click on "Rating".