Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have had a headache, shooting pains in my left ear, and my…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a headache, shooting pains in my left ear, and my gland under my earlobe is swollen and hard. When I swallow where my gland is on the inside feels slight sore. Not like a sore throat. I don't have tonsils they were removed when I was young. Also my hair hurts on top of my head on the left side.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?

No fever started yesterday.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am a breast cancer survivor with six nodes removed on the right side.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/10/2017
Doctor: DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

OK

You have described a medical situation.

I don't see a question about your situation.

What is your question about?

What are you asking us?

I am almost 5 years cancer free. I thought it could be an ear infection, I do feel some sinus pressure. What could it be? Should I go see my doctor?
Why does my hair hurt? I have had sinus headaches and migraines before it doesn't feel like this. I am also slightly dizzy.
I don't feel that sick. Should I be concerned?

Yes you should be concerned.

This can be referred pain.

It can be from an ear infection, sinus infection or strep throat.

I would consider urgent care for an exam, exam of ears, exam of sinuses, and maybe a rapid strep test.

OK, let me know if you have more questions.

I am here as needed.

Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed

What do you think it could be?
Thank you

Please read the answer I just sent.

Let me know if you did not receive it please.

I will re post it here:

Yes you should be concerned.This can be referred pain.It can be from an ear infection, sinus infection or strep throat.I would consider urgent care for an exam, exam of ears, exam of sinuses, and maybe a rapid strep test.OK, let me know if you have more questions.I am here as needed.Also, please click a positive rating on the rating scale. [This must be done manually at the top of the page]. In fact, a 5 rating squares me with just answer and allows me to provide prompt and accurate service to you, but does not increase your cost. And, I will be here for any follow up needed