Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Pain in. Ileostomy each time I poop is it normal

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/10/2017
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

This is not normal. There should be no pain. The pain is likely to be related to your diet and you should consult a nutrition expert for guidance regarding the diet so that you have painless bowel movements. If the pain is related to eating certain food then removing that food from the diet will reduce the pain. However, if you have pain when you touch the stoma or if there is a constant pain then you should consult your doctor regarding this.

Take care.

Did I answer your question?

Please reply.

Thank you.

Dear customer,

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Thank you.

Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor