Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was just diagnosed with shingles. I was prescribed

Customer Question
Hello, I was just...

Hello, I was just diagnosed with shingles. I was prescribed Valacyclovir 10mg 3xa day and hydrocodone 5/325 every 6 hours as needed. Can I take hydro every 4 hours because it seems 6 isn't adequate ?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Just pain and rash..no fever

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

Pain is 1 week. Finally went to Dr on Friday and got diagnosed. The only time I don't feel pain as much is when standing. Rash is around waistline

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have been suffering from ICU for 9 months and as a result have to stay away from ibuprofen which causes a flare up of my hives. Taking a heavy regime of antihistamine

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/10/2017
Doctor: Dr. Scott, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Scott, Doctor

Hi there,
I am Dr. Scott - it is my pleasure to assist you today.
Please give me a minute to review your question and type up an answer.
Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Shingles is very painful!

Sorry to hear about your current situation.

Yes, you can take every 4 hours.

I hope this helps!
Let me know if you have any additional questions.
We only get credit for positive feedback on customers we help.
Please take a moment to rate my services.
You can continue to ask questions after positive feedback.

Did you receive my answer?

Please send 5 stars.