Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Heart burn, stomach pain cramps muscle pain hair loss

Customer Question
Heart burn, stomach pain...

Heart burn, stomach pain cramps muscle pain hair loss dizzyness headaches constipation bloating

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Headaches few times a week nausea every day

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No. I described all my symptoms

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/10/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 8 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Since when are your symptoms?

What are the investigations done for these symptoms?

40 years old
Symptoms for a few years now
Saw a physician in the past never find anything wrong

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 4-5 minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Ideally you should consult a gastroenterologist who can perform the following investigations which are the mainstay of the evaluation and which will give true perspective of the cause;

1) Blood investigations do give the clue. A complete blood count, biochemical profile, serum calcium, blood glucose, and thyroid function tests are routinely recommended in the evaluation of patients with constipation, bloating and your other symptoms.

2) Depending on these blood results further blood work is done; serum protein electrophoresis, urine porphyrins, serum parathyroid hormone, and serum cortisol levels, may be done to identify or rule out myeloma, porphyria, hyperparathyroidism, and Addison's disease.

3) Barium enema or barium meal with follow through study

4) Colonic transit time; it can provide a better understanding of the rate of stool movement through the colon.

5) Other investigations like Anorectal manometry, balloon expulsion test, Defecography etc.

6) Colonoscopy / sigmoidoscopy / upper GI endoscopy.

A trial to the IBS treatment should be given to see the therapeutic response, meanwhile, as follows;

1) Dietary modification; you would be the best judge to choose the best suitable diet for you. High fiber diet would be recommended.

2) Antispasmodics agents (hyoscine, cimetropium, pinaverium, and peppermint oil)

3) Lubiprostone

4) Linaclotide.

Following also would be advised:

1) antacids; Maalox

2) acid blocker; Prilosec

3) loosing weight, if overweight.

4) avoiding alcohol, citrus fruits and juices, chocolate, and tomato based products

5) avoiding large meals. Eat 5 small meals in a day.

6) wait three hours after the meal before you sleep.

7) elevate head end of the bed by 8 inches.

This should hopefully abate your symptoms.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor