Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I have a rash on my stomach. I thought it might be from a

Customer Question

I have a rash on my stomach. I thought it might be from a bug bite but it had gotten worse. I've never used a forum like this. My daughter just took a picture of it.
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: No vomiting or nausea. I was in a work meeting yesterday and noticed it. It felt like a mosquito bite but I was inside.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had laparoscopic surgery for a femoral hernia about 4 years ago without any complications. The area where the inflammation started is in my belly button.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Please post the picture.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hopefully this goes through

Thanks. I am reviewing it.

If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Do you have diabetes?

Is this painful, tender, warm?

Are you feverish?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't have diabetes. It's itchy and tender. Almost a burning feeling. Maybe a little warm but not noticeably different from surrounding areas.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
oh, and not feverish.

This is likely to be belly button infection, which has inflamed the surrounding skin.

You may apply Neosporin cream in belly button and on the rash.

But you may need oral antibiotic, so consulting your primary care physician tomorrow would be recommended.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, since PCP will be out tomorrow (Sunday) should I go to an urgent care?

Yes, please go to urgent care for the evaluation and prescription of antibiotic.

It is privilege assisting you. Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating. The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry, something I left out. You can't see in the pic but it kind of looks like there is a pimple in my belly button. Does that provide further support for a belly button infection? I think this is my last question, I appreciate your help.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Or a cut, and it feels hard, like a cyst

Yes, that may further indicate the belly button infection. It started around it and spreading around it; so all these point to belly button infection.

It is pleasure and privilege assisting you.

Infections of the belly button are not uncommon due to its folds.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/