Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Second opinion] I just have been having, liquid diaherria…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I just...

Second opinion] I just have been having green, liquid diaherria for a few days and today my urine was green. It smells bad and funky and I didn't eat anything green this week besides green beans

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I have been having less of an appetite and have been breaking out in hives all week

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Um I've had a Staph infection and I get urinary infections a lot.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/10/2017
Doctor: Dr. Ravoof, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Basically, let me first explain to you the normal color of stools and how the coloration occurs. Stool color is influenced by the color of what we eat, as well as by the amount of bile which is a yellow-green fluid secreted in the gastrointestinal tract. As this bile travels through the gastrointestinal tract, it is chemically altered by the enzymes, which change the pigments in the bile from green to brown. So all shades of brown (very light brown to yellow) and even green stools may be normal. Stool color, therefore, is not very important and only rarely does it indicate a potentially serious intestinal condition.

So, at present, you should not stress much regarding this in absence of any other symptoms. You can take probiotics such as yogurt or tablets to repopulate your intestines with good bacteria. Increasing your fiber intake will make the stool thick. You should relax and this will reduce diarrhea and improve the color of stools. You can take Pepto-Bismol for diarrhea.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger for a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.
Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Do you have any further questions?
Did I answer your question? Please reply.
Thank you.

Dear customer,

Thank you!

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Thank you.