Dr Subbanna MD
Dr Subbanna MD, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

You believe it is a side effect of PEP even though I am no

you believe it is a side effect of PEP even though I am no longer taking PEP meds? In addition - do I need to be further tested for HIV or are my results fairly certain. Lastly is it possible to seroconvert after PEP treatment?
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: I just asked the doctor and have a follow up question...
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all neurological as well as all other health/medical conditions including hiv infection, and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

I see you have questions about certain symptoms you have mentioned above and also about the possible risk of hiv. I frequently diagnose & treat this type of health situation and I can certainly help you in this regard.

I am currently preparing & typing my answer and I will post my answer here as soon as it is ready.

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm experiencing extreme fatigue post PEP treatment. It started a day after my last dose. I tested w/4th gen test 4 days ago (negative).Is the fatigue from the meds - even though I am
not taking them? Or am I seroconverting?I had a cold (fever, sore throat, runny nose) a week ago and the symptoms have been fading for days. Could it be from that?

I appreciate for this additional information. I have also gone through the previous questions you have asked at this site and have gathered additional information about your health concerns. I am typing now; I will follow up with you very soon.

Best Regards!

Please see there is nothing in your history that is pointing towards the possibility of you having contracted hiv

I appreciate for all the additional information you have provided above, and I had also gone through the previous questions you have asked at this site and have gathered lot of additional information about your health concerns

First of all - the medication side effect can persist even after you have stopped taking them

The common cold or common viral infections (but not hiv infections) too can present with persisting symptoms for long, so the presence of such symptoms in no way points towards the possibility of hiv

The cold symptoms now fading away also indicate these symptoms have nothing to do with hiv

You have had vaginal sex, which has only a very low risk for contracting hiv - to start with

Then you have also had the pep started

And it was started within 72 hours too

And the pep meds included the three drug regimen which consisted of Truvada/Isentress- which is the best combination pep for hiv that is currently available

And then you have had couple of hiv tests that all came negative most importantly the 4th gen test which tests for both the antibody and the antigen and that test has come negative too

All these clearly indicate you have not contracted hiv

Once again I can very confidently reassure you, you indeed appear a true hiv negative case, the symptoms you are having now have nothing to do with seroconversion, rather these symptoms could be related to the pep, or just psychological too, or medical issues like thyroid, or anemia etc (if not already tested then try to get tested for these), but there is no evidence of you having contracted hiv, even if you repeat hiv tests your tests will always come normal, so please not to be sacred.

Wishing you the best health!

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too!

Assuring you the best services!

Best Regards!

Dr Subbanna MD