Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My daughter came from college and ate a chicken and beans

Customer Question

My daughter came from college and ate a chicken and beans dish that has been in the refrigerator for 10 days. She has been vomiting for six hour and now Has the dry heaves. We assume it is food poisoning. It is
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no medications. We are wondering if she should see a doctor. It is evening time here. We are in
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: She is 19 and had bacterial meningitis when she was in fourth grade. We are always concerned because of her immune system. No fever.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 1 month ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

If she's not able to even hold down sips of liquids by tomorrow she needs to be in an emergency room for, at least, IV fluid hydration.

Usually something like this runs its course in a few days so so long as she can tolerate liquids she should be OK

Please let me know if you need any more information