Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My husband had colon cancer that supposedly did not spread.

Customer Question
Hi, My husband had...

Hi, My husband had colon cancer that supposedly did not spread. Now, one year later there is a spot on his liver that is a metastisis. His Dr. wants him to do low dose chemo. He is 85, but in general very good health. Would this be advisable or should we continue trying to strengthen his immune system through a clean diet and supplements as we have been doing for a year since the liver spot was discovered?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Yes

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, he has never had any health problems except his back. I am thinking he will have a better quality of life without the chemo.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/10/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 11 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

your husband has many options.

yes, he can avoid chemo and eat healthy and take supplements

he can get stereotatic radiosurgery by radiation to destroy that liver small metastasis

this will be much more feasabile than surgery for the solitary metastasis

treatment with surgery or radiation has been shown to help patients live longer when there is just one metastasis in the liver.

let me know if you have questions.

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com