Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I had hemmorrhoids 25 years ago after having my first child.

Customer Question
I had hemmorrhoids 25...

I had hemmorrhoids 25 years ago after having my first child. A lump formed right outside the anal and it never bothered me. A few days ago, I noticed that it felt swollen and in a bit of pain...what can I do?

Doctor's Assistant: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?

Swelling a few days.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not that I'm aware of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/9/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 11 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Sounds like another hemorrhoid

For now you can apply witch hazel followed by over the counter 1% hydrocortisone cream and take a stool softener

That should clear in up in a few days

Please let me know if you need any more information

Apply Witch hazel on the swollen growth outside my anal?

Yes--it may be a little painful but it will help reduce the inflammation as will the hydrocortisone cream