Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

If you have calsinosis and a CT scan showing a "sphere" in…

Customer Question
If you have calsinosis...

If you have calsinosis and a CT scan showing a "sphere" in your liver, can that be related ?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Pain attack, periodicly, severe, normaly 30-50 mg of Oxynorm is nedded, and other "point" pains in upper right and left part of stomach

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Not allergic, oxynorm, oxycodein, somthing for high blood preasure, neurontine and amaryl, and buscopan when needed

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

It has lasted a long time, pain attacks started around 1997

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
9/9/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 9 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Calcinosis cutis is a term used to describe a group of disorders in which calcium deposits form in the skin

a sphere in your liver most likely is a benign cyst or benign hemangioma in your liver which is very common and benign and most likely not related to your calcinosis.

let me know if you have questions.

I am not sure if my calcinosis is typical. I also have a positive ANA blood test. and all of mye "crystals" are relativ small. 1 to 3 mm. large. They usually always come trhough the skin over a larger blood vein. I bleed a lot in my mouth in periods. The "crystals" was diagnosed from my physician. He has been my doctor for the last 15 years. They do not know, if the cause is a rare disease, or a "environmental" cause. The stomach pain, usually also comes in periods, when the pain is a lot stronger. sometimes an ambulance and stabilazttion at hospital is needed. calcium values is close to normal. Kidney value is lightly over the limit. creatine normaly from 108 to 115. vitamin B values ar sometimes very low, and also blood plate numbers sometimes drop a lot.
i could call you, but am located outside USA, so i cant enter my phone number...

Calcinosis is one of the symptoms of CREST Syndrome, which is a form of systemic scleroderma. Calcinosis is not caused by too much calcium in the diet.

you may want to talk to your doctor about testing and diagnosis to look for scleroderma.

you may benefit from an affected skin area to check for scleroderma.