Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Second opinion] I got an injection of Botox for my

Customer Question
Second opinion] I got...

Second opinion] I got an injection of Botox for my headaches. How long does this injection take effect?

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

It is daily, I have nausea and tired.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I had a meningioma removed a year ago

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/10/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 11 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

How long ago did you get the Botox injection?
Was this the first time that you received a Botox injection for the headaches?

I got the injection on 9/8 This was the first time I received an Botox injection for the headaches

Ok, thank you for the response. Botox injections take at least 3 to 4 days to start to work and some patients may not notice any effect for a week. The good news is that Botox injections last for 3 to 4 months.

Does that answer your question?

Hi, just wanted follow up and see if you had any more questions about the Botox injections?

If you don't have any more questions, I would like to thank you and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can also add a bonus if you were extremely happy with our service today.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.