Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

Can marjuina replace Fentaly patches (150) and be a good…

Customer Question
Can marjuina replace Fentaly...

Can marjuina replace Fentaly patches (150) and be a good alternative to Fentaly?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes.. both 150 Fentaly and 8mg deloted

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Cronic pancreatitis for 14years . Had the wiple done 3 years ago. Removed gallbladder and bile ducts replaced with small and large intestiens

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/9/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 11 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Can you tell me about the pain you have please?

It's a stream when I'm having an attack. It feels like my spin is going to break. My back ( where the bra line would be ) FEELS like a haves KNIFE stabbing & ripping me on both sides. The pain shoots from the back to the stmoch in the front.
A extreme pain

I see

Marijuana is a very good pain reliever in many cases

So I would say in your case it could replace the Fentanyl patches

Please let me know if you need any more information

I use heating pads on my back and stmoch but it burns my skin. When I'm having an attack the pain is so great that I don't feel the burns... after a week or so, when the pancreas settles.

I understand but was there more information you needed?

Could I still do my daily active or will I have to be in bed? I can do my daily routine with Fentaly

You should still be able to do your daily activities and not have to stay in bed

Will marijuana let me function normal?
Thank you so much

Yes--it won't make you dopey

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

I was happy with speed of the question and answer part. I will try the advice but I didn't find it educational in any way. Changing pain relievers for someone with a chronic illness, it's not joke. That's my quality of life. Which effect not only myself but my 22month little boy & my partner. I didn't feel reasured that the switch would be successful. " Could" isn't a rock solid answer. I" could " win the lotto tomorrow as well . Wasn't happy with results . Sorry not worth $5