Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Can marjuina replace Fentaly patches (150) and be a good

Customer Question

Can marjuina replace Fentaly patches (150) and be a good alternative to Fentaly?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes.. both 150 Fentaly and 8mg deloted
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Cronic pancreatitis for 14years . Had the wiple done 3 years ago. Removed gallbladder and bile ducts replaced with small and large intestiens
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Chip (M.D.) replied 1 month ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Can you tell me about the pain you have please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's a stream when I'm having an attack. It feels like my spin is going to break. My back ( where the bra line would be ) FEELS like a haves KNIFE stabbing & ripping me on both sides. The pain shoots from the back to the stmoch in the front.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
A extreme pain

I see

Marijuana is a very good pain reliever in many cases

So I would say in your case it could replace the Fentanyl patches

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I use heating pads on my back and stmoch but it burns my skin. When I'm having an attack the pain is so great that I don't feel the burns... after a week or so, when the pancreas settles.

I understand but was there more information you needed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could I still do my daily active or will I have to be in bed? I can do my daily routine with Fentaly

You should still be able to do your daily activities and not have to stay in bed

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will marijuana let me function normal?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much

Yes--it won't make you dopey

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was happy with speed of the question and answer part. I will try the advice but I didn't find it educational in any way. Changing pain relievers for someone with a chronic illness, it's not joke. That's my quality of life. Which effect not only myself but my 22month little boy & my partner. I didn't feel reasured that the switch would be successful. " Could" isn't a rock solid answer. I" could " win the lotto tomorrow as well . Wasn't happy with results . Sorry not worth $5