Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What are the pros and cons of pulling the8 teeth I have left…

Customer Question
What are the pros...

What are the pros and cons of pulling the8 teeth I have left (due to dry mouth) or spending yet 6 thousand more on more procedures to save 4 of them? Thinking of pulling all of them and getting rid of the old bridges etc that are going bad instead of doing all of the new needed dental work!

Doctor's Assistant: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?

No-but it will come in the future if I do nothing----

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Have asthma,emphysema,copd-on 3 inhalers for yrs. but am in good health except for this!

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/9/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

No i would definitely not advocate that. With health issues like COPD, your immunity is bound to be low due to longterm steroid use as well as the disease itself. So chances of getting a dental infection because of any such misadventure is quite high. Dental infections resulting from such asterile extraction can lead to spread of infection in blood and consequent endocarditis which could be fatal. So its best done at a dentists clinic in strictly sterile setting with use of appropriate instruments.

Hope your query is addressed.

Let me know if you have any more queries.

Hello, i hope you are doing great.

Plz do remember to reward credit by leaving a positive rating to my work.

I wish you a healthy life.

Stay blessed.

Regards