Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have a mid shaft clavicle break. I am female age 60. What…

Customer Question
I have a mid...

I have a mid shaft clavicle break. I am female age 60. What are my chances of successful healing without surgery?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I have seen a surgeon / doctor. I am taking over the counter meds (tylenol & ibuprophin (spell)

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

I do not do well with sulfur drugs (vomit). I take some vitamins -AREDS2 for macular degeneration, red yeast rice, mltiple vitamin & calciu oops calcium

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have scoliosis

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 9 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Is it a displaced fracture or just a crack through the bone?

Text is find

The phone call offer wasn't from me and you don't have to accept it

But could you please answer my question?

Fracture is completely through and one piece is displaced above the other

OK

Then the fracture may heal on its own but you'd be left with a large callus--extra bone in that area--and it might limit your shoulder motion

So I would say that in your case that should be surgically repaired with a plate to realign the collar bone

Please let me know if you need any more information