Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I have bumps on my chest (had similar ones on my arms)...

Customer Question
Hi yes I have...

Hi yes I have bumps on my chest (had similar ones on my arms)... like inflamed hair follicles. They're red and some small chesty bumps. Doctor put me on medication and folic H cream and hubiscrub

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

No I'm not - I don't take anything at the moment

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No I don't know if it's helping

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/9/2017
Doctor: Dr Uzair, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

How long have you had the bumps for?

Can you attach a picture here for me to look at?

Let me know.

I've had them since last year on and off

And can you please tell me your age and gender?

What about the picture?

I can't seem to send this over
Sorry just sent it - yes my go said I had inflammation of hair follicles - gave me tablets and hibisscrub. I was getting yag laser done on chest and arms
Anyway not sure what to do - I stopped laser on upper arms
These bumps are on chest and arms and chest ones go but come back and I keep itching them and picking them - they don't itch much they're just there
What should I do..?
My derm gave me the dr obaji cream

Yes, this does look like folliculitis.

They will itch when they are trying to heal and when one scratches it causes them to scab over and take longer to heal or get infected secondarily.

The best thing to do is to avoid putting a lot ointments on them, because ointments are oil based and can cause more clogging of the hair follicles in turn causing more folliculitis.

The best thing to do is to just use an alcohol swab twice a day to swab over the lesions and then apply Fusidin H cream over them twice a day.

This should take care of these within 10 days to 2 weeks but have to do this daily.

Avoid heat and sweat.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Sorry I was using fusihin h- what do u mean by alcohol swab
I've been using fusidin h for over two weeks
This hasn't helped and should I do the same with the Ones on my arms?
Also alcohol swabs shouldn't be used on sensitive skin and I have very sensitive skin -

Alcohol swab means a spirit or a antiseptic swab which you can get at a pharmacy. If your skin can tolerate Hibiclens, then it will tolerate the alcohol swab.

If you have used Fusidin H cream to no avail, then the next step will be to shift to a clindamycin gel, if that does not work then your Doctor will have to prescribe you an oral antibiotic like azithromycin or doxycylcine.

I work out and have gym so I can't avoid that. This us been the same for almost 3 months now

You will need to change some routine and compromise a little here and there in order to break the cycle and treat these.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Thanks should I stop tag laser

Yes, that should help with the inflammation.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.