Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I have been told I have heart failure, I low voltage leads

Customer Question

I have been told I have heart failure, I low voltage leads on ekg I also have vein leakage in both legs and swelling and retention of fluid cough Reno vascular hypertension shortness of breath. I could not complete a normal stress so I had to nuclear stress test. The doctor says I may need surgery why and does this qualify for disability I work fulltime and at night I am exhausted and I am forgetful and so I can't do my job as efficient as before.
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: Yes I forgot I have hypertension did you read the message? My mom was on dialysis before she passed from a heart attack
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I don't have a gall bladder and I suffer with acid reflux. I have some spine issues but I just would like some answers about the heart stuff first please
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

Sorry to hear about your health situation. Plz mention your age and gender.

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

The Social Security Administration (SSA) will evaluate whether you qualify for disability under its listing for “chronic heart failure.” To qualify for disability benefits under the SSA’s listing for chronic heart failure, you must have been diagnosed with severe continuing heart failure despite being on heart medication. The SSA’s listing doesn’t require that you have fluid retention at the time of evaluation to get disability benefits, but your medical records should show that you had fluid retention at some point in time. You must have the required objective symptoms and functional limitations below.;

• At least three episodes of heart failure and fluid retention within the past 12 months, requiring emergency room treatment or hospitalization for at least 12 hours.
  • Or you could not complete exercise tolerance test because of severe pain or breathlessness

The SSA will give you a rating of the type of work it thinks you can do, called your residual functional capacity (RFC). Your RFC will rate your ability to do sedentary work, light work, or medium work. For instance, if your doctor has limited you to no lifting more than 10 pounds, your RFC will be for sedentary work. Or, if your exercise tolerance test shows you can do little physical exertion before you develop symptoms (such as shortness of breath, chest discomfort, heart palpitations, or confusion), you will probably get a light RFC. Next, the SSA will determine if whether you can do your prior job given the limitations of your RFC. If you can’t, it will look at your education level, age, and experience to determine if there’s any other kind of work you can safely be expected to do (or whether you should get a medical vocational allowance).

Does it help?

Expert:  Dr.Saleem replied 1 month ago.

Hello, i hope you are doing great.

Plz do remember to reward credit by leaving a positive rating to my work.

I wish you a healthy life.

Stay blessed.

Regards