Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

What is mild foraminal stenosis on a bone graft concerning…

Customer Question
What is mild foraminal...

What is mild foraminal stenosis on a bone graft concerning C4 -C7?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Yes was in the ER yesterday from 8:20am until 2:30pm having severe pain issuses in neck and severe headaches. I had these fusions 3/1/2 yrs. ago. I have been Narcotic dependent since

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

. I am trying to get pain management help at this time.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Daily very little nausea

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Medical
9/9/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Cervical foraminal stenosis (narrowing of the cervical disc space) may arise without any disc herniation. The majority of symptoms with this type of cervical are usually caused by one nerve root on one side. The term cervical ( C) refers to neck spine here. So there is narrowing in disc space extending from 4th to 7th cervical vertebrae ,causing possible nerve compression.

Sharing a link for your better understanding;

https://www.spine-health.com/video/cervical-spinal-stenosis-video

Your neck pain could be caused by this. Its mild but usually medical options fail to relieve pain in this situation and surgery is the definitive cure for this.

Medical options include anti inflammatory medications e.g NSAIDs and corticosteroids. NSAIDs commonly recommended are naproxen and ibuprofen, both available OTC. You can try these and see how it goes. If this doesnt help then nerve pain medications like pregabalin or gabapentin may be used.

Hope it helped.

Plz let me know if you have any further queries.

Family Physician, Doctor