Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I recently went through a stress echo, which I failed, and

Customer Question
cardiac cath, which I passed...
I recently went through a stress echo, which I failed, and cardiac cath, which I passed with flying colors. I had been experiencing some angina pain with minimal exertion. I am on Metoprolol and Imdur, which was increased to Imdur twice a day and added Norvasc at night time. The stress test showed a Bigeminy when pulse went over 95. With the meds the Bigeminy is under control but still having some jaw/face discomfort and ear aches at rest but starts after I get up. Taking Tylenol #3 for Jaw pain and it relieves it. My vision also seems impaired.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: Just off and on for last week. No skin concerns but feel like I have to use my rescue inhaler at times.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Also been having some IBS with cramping and leading to loose flaky stools
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Medical
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/9/2017
Doctor: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 2 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are having these symptoms

that is good the cardiac cath was clear in your blood vessels to your heart

it sounds like the symptoms of your chest pains and jaw pains are not from your heart.

how old are you?

do you grind your teeth or jaw? this can cause face jaw discomfort and inflammation of your TMJ joint.

do you have bad anxiety symptoms? bad anxiety can cause chest pains and can cause you to grind your teeth or have tension in your neck and chest.

I do not grind by teeth or jaw. Theses symptoms are making me anxious.

I see.

you should talk to your doctor about medications which could help decrease your anxiety symptoms

medications like propranolol can help bring down your heart rate from bad anxiety symptoms

hydroxyzine, sertraline, paroxetine, fluoxetine can help decrease anxiety symptoms and help decrease chest pains from anxiety

lorazepam, clonazepam, diazepam could help your chest pains and anxiety symptoms as well.

how old are you?

No thank you! Just thought you might have some ideas. I have a follow up appointment with my cardiologist on Monday and will talk with him. This is the third time i have experienced this in the last 15 years.

acid reflux can sometimes cause bad chest pains.

you may benefit from seeing a GI doctor for testing.

esophageal spasms sometimes can cause chest pains.

you should get your thyroid hormone levels checked as well as high thyroid hormone levels can cause anxiety and fast heart rate as well.

I am 69 yrs old. And started having these symptoms after taking Celexa.

I see

how long where you on the celexa for?

About 2-3 months. It started after dose was increased to 20 mg.
This is the first time Bigeminy was in the picture.

you have not had anxiety or chest pains before starting celexa?

bigeminy can occur when the heart is beating fast in patients your age.

this would not necessarily cause chest pains.

celexa was started after abnormal sleep study. My mind races much of the night. Felt great on 10mg. Developed jaw pain and bloody nose after increase to 20mg. The Bigeminy caused a post accentuation in throat that hurt.

I see

are you willing to go back on 10mg of celexa?

No. I think it's done enough damage.
Thank you for your input.

you are welcome

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Board Certified Physician