Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am experiencing severe pain on my left foot bottom around…

Customer Question
Good morning.......I am experiencing...

Good morning.......I am experiencing severe pain on my left foot bottom around the toe (ball ) areas what can i do to eleiviate the pain unable to walk and put my foot on the ground,,,,,,,,,,,thanks

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

1 day unable to put any pressure on it to walk have be using a crutch to move around

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Diabetic

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/9/2017
Doctor: Dr Chip (M.D.), Doctor replied 11 months ago

Hello I'm Dr Chip

This sounds like either plantar fasciitis--inflammation of the tendons of the sole of your foot--or perhaps a stress fracture of a foot bone

For now you can try oral ibuprofen, topical over the counter capsacin cream and shoe inserts

But you should have your doctor check it out with an exam and an x-ray

Please let me know if you need any more information

what about the pressure on the foot when standing or walking

The shoe inserts will help with that for now but you may need a surgical boot if you have a stress fracture