Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Medical Physician
98629655

Second opinion] Blood pressure is 144/93. Can't remember if

Customer Question

Second opinion] Blood pressure is 144/93. Can't remember if I took my lisiniprol about 6 hours ago or not. I had a stroke 11 years ago. Should I take another lisiniprol (10 mg) or wait until tomorrow?JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?Customer: No allergies that I know of. I take lisinopril 10 mg one per day, levothyroxine.137mg one per day,sertraline 100 mg one per day and omeprazole 20 mg per day, zantac once a day.JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?Customer: GERD and hypothyroid. The massive stroke was in 2005 and hemmorragic. No obvious residual effects after a year of recovery. Two days ago I had a similar situation. HIgh blood pressure and dizziness, but slept it off. Took 1/2 hydrocodone at that time because of a bad headache.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Doctor John MD replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.com

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

the elevation of your blood pressure is mild since we recommend a blood pressure less than 140/90. I would recommend waiting until tomorrow and take your regular dose. I would not recommend taking an extra dose tonight.

Did my response fully answer your question?

If so, I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the series of 5 stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

You can always return and ask follow up questions if needed.

- Dr John.