Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am looking to consult with a doctor online about possible…

Customer Question
Hi, I am looking...

Hi, I am looking to consult with a doctor online about possible ADHD symptoms. Is this possible? Thanks.

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I am in school 5 days a week, 7 hours a day. It is EXTREMELY hard to focus and concentrate. I feel as if i am too antsy, and when i start a task, i never finish it and move onto the next task. I also drive over an hour to and from school and have noticed i am having a hard time focusing while driving. It is become a big issue for me and I do not have time to even see a doctor during the week day.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I am pretty sure my mother has ADHD, but hasn't prescribed for it (that I know of). My grandfather is schizophrenic, my uncle has quite a few issues that are unknown to me.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/9/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how old are you?

I am 19 years old.

It sounds like you definitely have ADHD

do you have a primary doctor?

I do, but I am looking to switch to an adult physician as I am still seeing a pediatrician. She recommended i should get neuropsychological testing done, which does not spark my interest.

you should switch to an internist

what is your zip code?

60046, what is an internist?

an adult doctor like myself

we are generally better at diagnosing complex problems

here is a good one in your area

Dr. Julia Kogan, MD

Internist

Lindenhurst, IL

(###) ###-####/p>

is this helpful?