Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I am waiting on an ultrasound after a suspicious looking…

Customer Question
I am waiting on...

I am waiting on an ultrasound after a suspicious looking "lesion" showed up on a ct scan with contrast on my bladder about a month ago. At the time of the test, I was wearing a tampon, as I had my period. I am hoping that the "lesion" that they saw on the bottom of my bladder may have been a shadow of the tampon, as the dimensions are identical to that of a tampon.I am a 46 year old woman with no risk factors, and no bladder symptoms until about a day ago, when I started feeling some pressure and frequent urge to urinate. I am hoping that my mind is starting to play tricks on me. I had a urinalysis two days ago and it was all normal, with no evidence of blood.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Any other symptoms?

The whole thing started about two months ago. Had a ct for some low back pain. Showed something on my kidney, but nothing on my bladder at that time. The second ct where they saw something on my bladder was to check the kidney, but the kidneys looked fine. I am starting to feel pretty stressed about the whole thing.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Otherwise healthy with the exception of an on and off history of low back pain for 10 plus years.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/9/2017
Doctor: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor replied 11 months ago

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

This suspected lesion in all likely to be tampon.

Ultrasound would confirm it.

With no other symptoms and if your urine exam in normal; you should not worry.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl