Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

After your blood test from the lab, when your creatinine,

Customer Question
After your blood test...

After your blood test from the lab, when your creatinine, serum is at 1.41

Doctor's Assistant: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?

It was a blood test to check my metabolic panel

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No accept a little sleep apnea and high blood pressure

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/8/2017
Doctor: Dr.Saleem, Doctor replied 11 months ago
Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Thanks
No thanks I will be ok with the chat

Yes the Creatinine levels are a bit over the upper limit for males. You didnt mention your gender and age.

Longstanding high blood pressure and OSA both can contribute to renal dysfunction. You should seek help from a nephrologist on this.

These values are not too alarming but you will need to have regular follow up tests to keep an eye.

Hope it helped.

Let me know if you need any further help

that means I might have kidney damage

It can suggest kidney damage but the value is just above upper limit and could be because of other factors like dehydration. So drink good amount of water in next couple of weeks and get a retest. The value should improve . This would clarify if there has been any real kidney damage or not

Hope it answers your query.

Plz let me know if you have any more queries.

Please reward a 5 stars rating if you are satisfied.

Kind regards.