Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Stabbing and burning pain lower corner of big toe for past

Customer Question

Stabbing and burning pain lower corner of big toe for past three months not at the upper corner, just around the bottom cuticle?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: for three months after having a pedicure
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Had ingrown toenails in past, but thy were at top corner of nail and removed. Had sciatic in past.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

There can be reasons. One is infection under the nail causing abscess putting pressure and causing pain and second one is nerve related. I would recommend you to apply capsaicin cream over the area and take ibuprofen tablet for pain and get your nail examined by a doctor for exact diagnosis. It is better to seek expert help at this stage as you have been suffering for 3 months so detailed examined and evaluation should be done.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This problem bothers me the most when I elevate my legs in a recliner or when I get into bed at night and elevate my feet again... burns for a couple of hours. Why?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the reply.

This seems to be related to nerve as it can get compressed in certain position so increasing your symptoms. A thorough examination is needed for this.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have already seen 2 Podiatrists, a family doctor, a nurse practitioner. Since the blue vein on top oft is very "blueish" what kind of a doctor ould also be able to evaluation?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Have already had all the same answers you told me . So I hope you are not charging me more than the $5.00. My email says otherwise. Please correct and let me know what is going on.Thankyou.