Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Pinching pain in my lower right abdomen. It's been on and

Customer Question

Pinching pain in my lower right abdomen. It's been on and off for the last 3 days. I'm a male 45 YOA
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: about 3 days. I'm less aware of it when I'm sitting down.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not really. I'm physically active with no real medical history
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

have you had any constipation or diarrhea?

constipation, gas, diarrhea, eating seeds, nuts, change of your diet can cause some pinching in the right lower abdomen.

worse pain there doubling you over and causing nausea and vomiting and no bowel movements could be from appendicitis in that area, but it doesn't sound like your pain is that bad.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Great
thanks
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

did you see my response above?

did you have any other questions ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No abnormal bowel issues. No nuts/seeds etc. No nausea. When the pain occurs it's rather acute but it doesn't last very long. It feels like a pinching or the way it feels when you agitate a tear. I haven't done any abdominal exercises or anything that strenuous for that matter in the last couple of weeks so I wouldn't think I did anything to stress that area.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

gas pains can be like that

constipation and passing hard large stools can cause that acute tearing pain in the area which doesn't last long.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay, I was thinking there might be some gas trapped in the region. Would you rule out anything more serious like appendicitis?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

your symptoms don't mach appendicitis.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area
you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com