Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

I was needing help in finding a doctor for my medication…

Customer Question
i was needing help in...
i was needing help in finding a doctor for my medication until i can get into my pain management treatment. i have mesothelioma and i am in extreme pain daily and i have gone just in the last few days to 5 different doctors that either wont help me till i go to pain or refuse to even do what my cancer team suggest. please help me i can not live in this pain anymore and im only 34 and want a life and it seems like no one cares or wants to help. ive even been told its not their problem. i need help now today please
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Medical
9/8/2017
Doctor: Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor replied 9 months ago
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have a primary care doctor?

i did but they said they wouldnt help or do what my meso doctors said needed done becasue its pain medication . not even just until i get into the pain management which will take a month. my old primary just ripped my off all my medications with no warning and ever since ive been trying to find a new one and none of them want to do anything.

why did they do that?

did you fail a drug test?

i just got an oncologist here in wichita now and its going to be a month and a half before he will even see me and ive already been waiting in extreme pain for months 5 actually
the management i was with came under review.
my primary just kept passing me off to other doctors because no one here knows anything about mesothelioma
my doctors were fine especially my primary with her patients smoking marijuana. she prefered it over the opiates but now that i need the treatment and new doctor i dont smoke and havent even taken a test they just dont want to help unless its pain management. but i need a doctor to help until then and i have run out of hope and i am on my last try. my other cancer team surgical docs and oncologist are in omaha nebraska and kansas city missouri and cant do anything without the help of a doc here in wichita
no one wants to take a chance with me and a cancer they dont know about. but i just need to med help i have amazing medical surgical team just need a person inbetween
no ideas either?

I don't understand why the primary cut you off?

just click send to reply