Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I was needing help in finding a doctor for my medication

Customer Question

i was needing help in finding a doctor for my medication until i can get into my pain management treatment. i have mesothelioma and i am in extreme pain daily and i have gone just in the last few days to 5 different doctors that either wont help me till i go to pain or refuse to even do what my cancer team suggest. please help me i can not live in this pain anymore and im only 34 and want a life and it seems like no one cares or wants to help. ive even been told its not their problem. i need help now today please
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 month ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

do you have a primary care doctor?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i did but they said they wouldnt help or do what my meso doctors said needed done becasue its pain medication . not even just until i get into the pain management which will take a month. my old primary just ripped my off all my medications with no warning and ever since ive been trying to find a new one and none of them want to do anything.

why did they do that?

did you fail a drug test?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i just got an oncologist here in wichita now and its going to be a month and a half before he will even see me and ive already been waiting in extreme pain for months 5 actually
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the management i was with came under review.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my primary just kept passing me off to other doctors because no one here knows anything about mesothelioma
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my doctors were fine especially my primary with her patients smoking marijuana. she prefered it over the opiates but now that i need the treatment and new doctor i dont smoke and havent even taken a test they just dont want to help unless its pain management. but i need a doctor to help until then and i have run out of hope and i am on my last try. my other cancer team surgical docs and oncologist are in omaha nebraska and kansas city missouri and cant do anything without the help of a doc here in wichita
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no one wants to take a chance with me and a cancer they dont know about. but i just need to med help i have amazing medical surgical team just need a person inbetween
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no ideas either?

I don't understand why the primary cut you off?

just click send to reply