Medical

Have medical questions? Ask a doctor online!

Ask a Doctor,

My 3 yr old son since yesterday is saying he has headache,

Customer Question
My 3 yr old...

My 3 yr old son since yesterday is saying he has headache

Doctor's Assistant: How have your child's checkups gone? Is your child progressing steadily in height and weight?

Pretty good with check ups

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

The other day he got bite by a lot of ants at daycare .. this morning he did cough and said his throat hurt

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

Cough was just this morning

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Medical
9/8/2017
Doctor: Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD replied 11 months ago
Doctor John MD
Doctor John MD, Board Certified MD

This is Dr. John and I will be helping you today.

I will be reviewing your question and will respond shortly.

I may need to ask a few more questions in order to best serve you.

Thank you for your patience.

Answers here are for education and information only.

I would like to ask a few more questions:

1. Is he running a fever today?
  2. How bad is the headache (mild/moderate/severe)
  3. Is there anything you had done that have improved his symptoms?
  4. Is there anything you have done that worsens his symptoms?

If there is only a mild fever and cough, the headache is most likely due to a mild viral illness that should run its course and does not require treatment. However, if he develops a high fever (> 102 F) with increasing lethargy or worsening headache, I would recommend that you make an appointment for him to be seen by his regular doctor.

Did my response fully answer your question?

If so, I would like to thank you for your question and I hope you found my answer informative and helpful.

Please remember to leave a rating by clicking the stars at the top of the screen.

The experts here at JustAnswer only get credit for the answer once you leave a rating for us.

- Dr John.

Do you still need help with this question?